Monday 15 June 2015

Tips: 4 Grade 3s!

Usually, when people build a Vanguard deck, they run the lineup of 17 Grade 0s, 13 Grade 1s, 12 Grade 2s, and 8 Grade 3s. This is usually the best lineup since the distributions of the grades are clear. But then, let's look at the "price" for each lineup.

What Grade in the world are you?



For Grade 0s, you would have 1 Starter, and 16 triggers. The starter will most probably be a R, and the triggers are most likely to be all commons. I don't even need to calculate the whole price to prove that the Grade 0 lineup should be as cheap as hell.

Grade 1s, should consist of 4 Perfect Guards, then a bunch of Rs and Commons. Aside from the PGs, this is overall preety cheap.

Grade 2s. This is where it gets a bit tricky. Grade 2s consists of various types, from Rs to Commons to RRs. This whole lineup should cost about $4-5.

Wait until you get to the Grade 3... In competetive builds, people tend to use 8 Grade 3s, each as at least a RR. Most likely a RRR. This is one of the most expensive Grade to make among all of the Grades, and that's a fact.

You're stuck with whom to use because you need 8 Grade 3s... For example, you want to build a  Prominence Core deck, but you don't wanna add in Coil because of the cost and Open Rear-guards only restriction. Then who should you run in your deck? Simple. No one but Core. Problem solved.

As much as this sounds ridiculous, it works. I had the same problem with my Prominence Core budget deck, since there are no other decent ride options aside from Core. I decided to run 4 Core only. It actually works efficiently, and I don't regret it at all. It gave me my long-awaited space to run a few Josephus, and I don't fail to ride Core that much at all. If you don't get a Core in your oppening hand? Now, as I said, I can't do math that much, but I at least know that the percentage is low. But hey, if you at least go up to Grade 2, then you can make a decent game against a Stride deck (Since you render them into a Vanila) until you get the Grade 3.

Stdying... Studying...

Either way my point is that by using 4 Grade 3s in a deck, you can conserve budget, and play like normal. This hit me first when I saw the ever-so-popular 4 Mega-flare deck with Miraioh as the starter, then when I saw this. If a Thing Saver only deck won a tourney at first place it proves my speculation about 4 Grade 3s.

There you have it. This time I won't be giving any examples because the last time I did the post basically turned into a Royal Paladin decklist post... Either way, to finalize the "report"...

People usually run 8 Grade 3s, because it makes them more likely to get a Grade 3 in your oppening hand. But, your deck should be focusing on one of your Grade 3s, not both,  so why not run one only? It will make no difference whatsoever since you're gonna want to ride the main Grade 3 sooner or later anyway. Your other Grade 3 should usually be a backup, a just-in-case option, or a game staller. Which is why just running your main Grade 3 only with the Grade 3 searcher, is also effective, and saves you at least $12.










No comments :

Post a Comment