Wednesday 15 July 2015

Budget Deck: Aqua Force

Aqua Force is a clan that I'm not too familiar with. I've almost never fought against the clan, nor have I ever used it. And when I tried to build an Aqua Force deck back in the day, it didn't go too well. So, when I decided to write this article, I was really... Stressed? I wasn't sure how well it would go. I build a deck in CFA and tried playtesting a bit and... Bam! I couldn't believe my eyes. I built a deck that actually works well and crushes most of my matchups.

So, before anything else, I need to talk about a few things regarding this "deck". It was originally designed to be a Blue Storm rushdown killing deck, but when I saw the price of all 3 Maelstroms in existance... (all $10+) I modified the deck little by little, and came up with another rushdown deck... That actually worked great most of the time. It abuses the fact that you go first and punishes your opponent early game. And it's really easy to do this. Having multiple attackers that restand, and a couple 3rd battle or more pressure units, it works really well.






Grade 0

Chibi Maelstrom.
KAWAII AS HELL.
So, Aqua Force have a couple of useful starters. Okay a lot. Firstly, we have Andrey, who unlocks a lot of additional comboes, but it's a GB1. And from my testing, you often end the game before you get to Stride, so it's not really the best starter choice.

Aqua Breath Dracokid has an amazing art, but it's completely outclassed by Bubble Edge Dracokid who gurantees the draw. I'd run for the art, but it isn't too great.

Officer Cadet, Astraea helps a lot in activating additional comboes and stuff. I mean come on. It applies early pressure (Saishin & Spring breeze effectiveness) and unlocks 4th attack or more (Comboes and rushdown). This is a completely viable Kawaii starter choice.

40% fail rate.

In my testing, I used Tri-holl Dracokid, which becomes an 8k attacker. Mostly, after you ride the Grade 3, it becomes a 5k Vanila booster, but it doesn't tackle the formation too much.

Trigger time! So, my testing results say that "Stands are good!" but you can try out various stuff. Draws work really well here because early setup is great. 

Grade 2

First, before anything else, lemme talk about a certain card that is vital for AqF rushdown. His name is Tidal Assault. Tidal, was a free restander early game that with a booster could hit the VG for 9k twice, which was really good for rushing. Everyone, withought exception, should love this guy. Me? I hate this guy. I mean, I love him for being good but I hate him for being so expensive. Like, seriously.
And so I had to work my way around this, and what I found was Spyros. All you have to do is to run Blue Storm triggers and PGs and this guy is ready to go. Anyway, Spyros, the long forgotten card by many was my saving light. He was incredibly good. He helped Strikehead's GB1 (If the game went on for that long) while still hitting hard on RGs. Spyros is a must-be maxed out card

Wow. AqF has some of
the best art around.
Firstly, Ianis is 10/10 best Grade 2 in AqF ever. This guy draws whenever he hits, in the 3rd battle or more. You really want that draw, so you'll most likely put a booster behind him. Anyway, this guy applies one of the best pressure ever, and if it hits, you can just sit on a big-ass hand and look like a boss, while your opponent looks at his worn out 2-3 cards after your rushing assault. Also, with a bit of comboing, this guy can attack twice. I don't need to explain after that now, do I?

Other unit choices? Magnum Assault is a great choice, ignoring that you have to wait until GB1. That 2k extra power? You can do some decent stuff with it.



Aside from that, you can run Deuterium Gun Dragon for early rush, Couple Dagger Sailor for the 2k, and a lot more.If you can, you should run a few Tidals over Magnum too, but if you don't, don't try to get him withought sacrificing your kidney.
 Grade 1


I once changed my wallpaper
into this thing
just for the amazing lolz.
Seriously.
So, the Grade 1s. Eh, nothing really much to say over here. it's just the typical boosters available to you.

Firstly, about the PG, Blue Storm Battle Princess, Electra is the choice of PG, being a Blue Storm and all.

Eh... Basically anything works from this point onwards, but I'd recommend Heavy Rush Dragon. A good 9k attacker with an easy condition? Sign me up for it! Also he looks great.

Blue Storm Battle Princess, Crysta Elizabeth is a good way to unlock comboes (At the cos of hand size) and I'd defenitely recommend her. I mean, come on. You can't hate this card! It has a great skill and a great art.

Wheelchair Soldier, Assassin, Eugene, Nikki, so on and so forth.


Grade 3

Shark? Whale?
No one knows...
So, basically anything decent can become your Grade 3 option, since the main stars are the Grade 2s, but here, I'd recommend one unit specifically to become your main ride target and Ace of this deck. Strikehead Dragon is. so. amazing. That second skill? 3 Spyros attacks? It's just great. If you don't believe me then test this out in CFA right now. Go. Seriously.

... Okay fine! Well, anyway going back to the point, this guy is soooo perfect for a RG centered deck, it's just too stronk. That second skill (Despite being only once per ride) is great, and that GB1 is amazing. The problem is unlocking it though, because usually you end the game before it even starts. Either way, use this at 4. It's amazing in a RG centric deck.

Your other Grade 3 can be anything. Thavas for backup ride? Sure. Blue Storm fodder? Sure. Restander? Go for it! Practically anything should work.
                                                                                                                                                                   
Decklist:
Note: I highly support building your own decks and doing your own testings. Please do not straight out use this deck, but use it as a base to start and spread out and make your own Version.

Grade 0:

Grade 1:

Grade 2:

Grade 3:

Grade 4:
                                                                                                                                                                   


Effectiveness: 8.5/10

Price: $20-30

Competetive: Maybe

Final Words: As I said, this is my first time drafting an Aqua Force deck, but I love how it went. It just went from okay to pure amazing. For people who are used to Rushdown decks, or people who came from G-RP and wants to try out AqF, this is the deck for you! It should also fit Nova Grappler players. Anyway, try them out.

AqF is a great clan to use and fun to play with, but has some bad matchups. The moment you meet a retire-deck (Kagero/Narukami) or Link Joker that completely shuts down your field, or Megacolony, you're doomed to your death. Otherwise? Have fun beating your opponent to death!

This deck is rated R for Rushdown, which is a very viable strategy in many clans (Not many can rushdown though). This deck is defenitely recommended for Casual play, and is defenitely recommended to budget AqF who wants to go competetive.

4 comments :

  1. Believe it or not, Aqf "can" fight Kagero, Narukami, Link Joker, or Megacolony and make em shit bricks. Make sure your Draw engine is strong and call units on the Rear Guard when you've stacked up enough of the units you need in hand. Sure the enemy can try rushing you but that's why stronger draws make Aqf very very strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had a matchup with those yet, but I hear that it's absolutely horrible. And your only Draw wngine in this deck is Ianis... Which isn't that solid.

      Delete
  2. There is new support for Blue wave and Maelstrom that just came out pls give advice on how to make blue wave or Maelstrom l have all themoney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said in this blog, I'm not the best person you could find in AqF terms. Sorry, can't help you there.

      Delete