Tuesday 16 June 2015

Budget Deck: Shadow Paladin (Revengers)

Shadow Paladins is another meta clan that's expensive, with the same logic as Narukami. It's not Shadow Paladins that are expensive (Althought it's the clan that gets the most broken support) it's the main build of Shadow Paladins that are expensive. It's Phantom Blaster Abyss that's expensive, being about $40 or so. But hey, even if Abyss is expensive as hell and unfit for a budget deck, it doesn't mean that Revengers doesn't have a budget deck. In fact, thanks to Abyss everything aside from Abyss is cheap.


Grade 3 
What do you mean I'm a girl?
So firstly, this is the cornerstone of our Shadow Paladin build. It's... just amazing. Don't underestimate a consistent 30k 2 crit attack. I personally love everything about this card. And he's so underused and underestimated. It makes him cheap as hell. It's not even $1! I've never seen a more budget friendly key card in my life.

Although, the mate of this card is a bit more expensive than the Leader (Due to the fact that this can be used with Abyss) so I'd run 1-2 of the mate. It's more than enough. Trust me, I had a Revenger deck focused on this guy and it was amazing.





Of course, just a 30k critical attack isn't enough. You need a finisher. While Phantom Blaster Abyss will fit the bill perfectly, it's too expensive (Unless you're willing to sacrifice about $150 for 2 of Abyss and the mate), so there are a lot of fitting Revenger finishers.

I'M MAD!
First up the list is Raging Form Dragon. This is a substitute Restander to Abyss. While this guy minuses like no one does, it's a worthy finisher to use. And since Restanders are usually minuses (Which if they weren't, they might as well be called OP) there's nothing we can do about that. A tiny little problem is that this guy is a persona ride, so you need to run about 3-4 of him, which means sacrificing $15-20 or so, so good luck with getting him. Although you can try running 2 and experiment with returning copies by Legion.






Err... I didn't attack you so...
Next is Dragruler Phantom. This is another great finisher, I'll compliment it all day. I mean, look at this. The Limit Break is spammable, so you can use the skill 2-3 times a turn to pull your opponent to 4-5 damage while this guy makes a 31-41k attacker, which is only blockable by a PG (Does your opponent even have one after your amazing Cormac assault?). Unfortunately that needs about 5-7 cards in hand or so, and after calling that many cards you'll probably die if your opponent survives that turn.

In terms of budget, this costs about $7 or so which is slightly more expensive than our little out-of-control Ragequitting dragon up there, but the good side is that you don't have to run 4.



Desperate to get love
Then, as I said, you should run about 2-3 of Raging/Dragruler, so you'd want another Grade 3 option. Let's see... Peredur's second ability is really good, and amazing, but I wouldn't use his Limit Break that much since it's just a worse Cormac... Oh, hey. Look at this. It can be used as a replacement for Cormac, and that second skill is amazing. Both you and your opponent retires 1? Yes please. People says that this guy sucks a lot. How? It's amazing... Not that I'm complaining though. Say that this card sucks again and again so that it becomes cheap. Okay, I see why people think that it's bad, since the second skill is main-phase only and your opponent gets to choose, but it gets really annoying. Trust me, that second skill plays a vital part in games.


Grade 4

This should be obvious... Run 4 of this future Dragruler. It's amazing. That 3k lets you hit 36k with a 7k booster, and it can search out Finnegas, so using the Limit Breaks of those above cards? Don't worry. It'll always come out as long as you have that Dragruler.


 Grade 2

I am.... Wily?
Obviously you're gonna have to be running 2 Macart or so. Then let's see... Mana is an amazing card. Really. It can become fodder for Raging Form or Dragruler or Cormac or Future Dragruler... Anything that retires. Plus it's CB free so you can call a Dark Bond Trumpeter to get a free card, and you can use it to rush your opponent in Grade 2.

The other options are... Blaster Dark Revenger? I mean this deck has a lot of free counterblasts... Actually just run 1 of him or so, since it's only gonna be situational, and run 4 Masquerade instead. It's an amazing card. I usually despise the Generation Break 1 12k attackers, but for sub-clans? I welcome them.

To solve the "Too many CBs to use" issue,  Tartu might be a lifesaver.

Then another thing is Rukea? I dunno, it can be used for a final turn sprut...


Grade 1

I should be in this deck right? right?
4 of Transient Revenger, Masquerade. It's an amazing card for rushing. Then we have 2-3 Dark Bond Trumpeter. It's, once again, an amazing card, due to all the free CBs in this deck. Then let's see... 2-3 of Finnegas. 2-3 is enough considering that Future Drag can search it out. And so can Mana. You might wanna put in like 2 Baal-berith or so since he can be a situational 8k booster for Cormac or something.

Don't run; Dorint. You have enough CBs in this deck, and you shouldn't be running unflippers at all. Then Lifecher. Why would anyone run this guy? I've seen too many people run this online. This is only viable for early game rush and you have that Grade 1 Masquerade to do that for you.

Grade 0

Aww, so cute!... But no.
So there are a few starter options for this deck. Firstly Judgebau, if you chose to run Dragruler. Or there's Creeping Dark Goat, that can search out Raging Form Dragon for you. Then the trigger lineup is questionable... Draw triggers really work well in this deck, but then again, 12 crits work? Nah, you have enough units that can give a critical. Either way, the new Stand trigger is really good. I swear, it's amazing.







                                                                                                                                                                   
Decklist: 
Note: I highly support building your own decks and doing your own testings. Please do not straight out use this deck, but use it as a base to start and spread out and make your own Version.

Grade 0
Grade 1:
Grade 2:
Grade 3:
Grade 4:
                                                                                                                                                                  

Effectiveness: 7/10

Price: $30-40

Competetive: Maybe

Final Words: So the deck is nice, I can assure you, for I have tried it out! Anyway that consistent crit gets really scary and that consistent 30k column is to be feared. It should work and stop working and repeat the cycle for a while, but it is nice, and is awesome when it works. I dunno how this'll do in competitive play but it definitely is a fit for casual play, and should be able to win tourneys.

4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Well what did you expect? A budget PBA? Not happening.

      Also Cormac's preety impressive.

      Delete
  2. I love this deck. I got bored of my PBA deck so I decided to try another build and man the faces of players I face when I ride Cormack are hilarious. Cormack and Dragruler are fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I see people comparing PBDA and Cormac, I laugh my head off. They have completely different uses.

      Delete