Monday 2 January 2017

Updates: The New Year!

So. New Year new things for this blog!

So there's a couple of things I want to update about this blog, most of which were some issues that Tachi brought to my attention

First off the chopping block: I'm abolishing the old format for our standard Budget Deck blogs. Having a G4-G0 system was really convenient and really easy to write blogs, but it sorta hampered on how I could write my posts. Budget Deck posts were really difficult for me to just write out.

On the other hand, I loved writing Deck Spotlights. I could just find a list that I thought was interesting and talk through it. The process of writing Spotlights went so smoothly and took a lot less time and effort. It was really enjoyable for me and I'm sure enjoyable for you.

So yeah. Abolishing old format. Trying a new one.

Second, I've decided not to always fill up the G-Zone to 16 Cards to conserve budget. Lately, I've been leaning towards more expensive budget decks and not paying more attention to lower budget. Some people can't afford a full G-Zone, especially with the expansion to 16 from 8, and I should have paid more attention to that. It was a mistake on my part.

Speaking of pricing, I also made the mistake of leaning towards the higher price decks and need to focus on more of the $10-40 decks. The ratio of pauper decks to midrange decks on this blog has gotten... staggeringly high and I want to work to fix that.

Third, I want to fix the pricing range of this blog. The $10-40, $50-70, etc. ranges are pretty damn inconsistent and, once I do,  the entirety of the posts on this site will be matched to individual tags of $10, $20, etc so that readers can find specific decks for their exact budget. We'll be setting up a dropdown menu(finally) so that you can navigate to whatever you think your budget is for your vanguard decks and you can browse the decks of that budget.

Fourth, the Buddyfight budget blog is pretty dead... so I wanna kick that back up to life. Yeah, I know that the Buddyfight scene is pretty small compared to Vanguard, but I still do want to have that blog active.

Well, that's all the updates for this time. So Happy New Years and and I hope to see you in the next one!

-Robot

5 comments :

  1. Hey, wondering I'm a huge buddyfight and cardfght fan with a bit of free time, and my entire time playing these games have been budget so wondering if I could contribute in anyway?
    You can always email me at jasonmnutt@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Write a draft of your post and email it to me(tirelessracer@gmail.com)

      Also, come join the discord. We'd like to see how you are before allowing you to write blogs here

      Delete
  2. YES!!!! MORE TO COME! SUPER EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, just a question! Could you guys do "game logic" or even apply science to CF Vg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly. But that's a very high possibly. I'd love to do some math, but time and whatnot. The topic also doesn't really fit this blog.

      Delete